Bont Ice Racing Blades
The Bont Platinum blade is made with K390 powder metal tool steel. It holds its edge up to 8 times longer than normal steel blades. The powder metal structure is very fine which gives exceptional gliding properties. The platinum blade is laser cut and hardened in Australia and glue and machined in Holland.
The blades can be ordered straight or bent. We also offer them in KR and Half KR spec which have the mounting set back 2cm and 1cm respectively on the blade. The sizes that we always keep in stock are:
Other sizes need to be special ordered and take approximately 6 weeks to produce.
S = Straight
B = Bent
KR = Mounting set back 2cm
1/2 KR = Mounting set back 1cm
Charles Hamelin - 2010 Vancouver Olympics Gold 500m and Relay
The Sonic 1000 is our entry level blades. They are made with a high quality aluminum extrusion. They are pre bent so new skaters can get skating immediately without any knowledge of how to bend their blades.
- High performance entry level blade
- Blade 58 Rockwell
- Standard 1.2mm thickness
- Maximum length - 16.5''
- Minimum length 8'', standard for boots under and inc: 13.5 - 32 is 12''
- Blades to match boots from 9-27 to 13.5-32 will have 5.5'' mounting separation
- Standard radius of 8m short track and 21m long track
- Brackets are 30mm - 40mm
- Exceptionally fine gliding blade
- Standard aluminum brackets
- Blades come machine bent